LIFEGUARD TRAINING (AMERICAN RED CROSS)
In an American Red Cross Lifeguarding course you will learn all skills necessary to be a certified Lifeguard. American Red Cross Certification Purpose: To teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies.
The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and to prevent drownings and injuries. Certification issued upon successful completion of the course. Take your certification anywhere in the USA or apply for a job within your own community Y! COURSE PREREQUISITES
- 15 Years of age on or before the final day of the course
- 300 Yard swim using the Front Crawl and Breast Stroke with Rhythmic Breathing
- Must be free from physical and mental impairments that would limit them from accomplishing specific tasks. Tasks include visual acuity, various audio ranges, and the ability to lift, unaided, 50 pounds.
- 100% attendance is mandatory (NON-NEGOTIABLE). Each class will consist of classroom and pool activities.
- 10 lb brick retrieval from deep water in less than 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes without the use of your hands.
Lifeguard Class (Spring 2020) Click HERE for Flyer