The Springfield YMCA300 South Limestone Street
Springfield, Ohio 45505
Springfield Family YMCA
Phase 2 Reopening Guidelines
We are excited to enter into Phase 2 of our Covid plan for our Springfield Family YMCA! We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. We continue to be thankful for our reopening of our YMCA in phases, and will gradually get back to our new normal.
- Masks must be worn to enter and exit the facility until you reach your workout destination.
- Members must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance.
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
- Staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks and gloves).
- We will have controlled access to the facilities through one entrance.
- Time will be limited on all cardio equipment.
- Group exercise classes will be held in person as well continue virtually through YMCA 360 in Phase 2.
- Gym is open, please no pick-up games unless you have daily interaction with other players outside of the YMCA. Shooting may occur with family members or individuals.
- Pickle ball is being held please check out equipment at our desk or bring your own.
- Locker rooms will be open, but showers will not be available.
- No towel service.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- Members will be given disinfectant and a towel to clean before and after they touch a surface.
- Guests are permitted. However if the facility is experiencing heavy use the Y may stop allowing guests on that day.
- Limited fitness classes will be offered in Phase 2. Reservations 24 hrs. in advance will be required to attend.
- No use of steam rooms, as a minimum safe distance of 6 feet and cleaning cannot be maintained.
- Check operating hours during Phase 2. They will fluctuate based activity and cleaning.
- Only every other cardio equipment will be used.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use. Staff will also disinfect.
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Pools will have limited access in Phase 2 and lanes may be reserved for open times 24hrs in advance by calling the front desk.
- Child Watch is available in Phase 2.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources and will expand those services for our members who are still sheltering at home.
Now hiring camp staff, fitness staff and lifeguards.
Apply online or at the YMCA.
Did you know the Springfield Family YMCA has been serving the Springfield/Clark County area since 1854? We are one of the oldest YMCA's in the United States.
The Springfield Family YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, and abilities. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive. Please stop in and visit, take a tour and become a member of your Springfield Family YMCA. Together we can make a difference!